Tips to cut down on false alarms in Newburgh
False alarms can be a legitimate problem for home security systems. They not only decrease the faith you have in your alarms, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you can do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Newburgh home security system.
As the first step, make sure that all components are installed properly. This process may seem like a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that basic mistakes lead to false alarms. Secondly, check out likely culprits of false alarms, like windows and doors that might be kept open inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to incorporate the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Newburgh.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Newburgh?
Like diagnosing any concern, the best course of action is to review the manual. Ensure all devices are connected properly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to be certain it didn't slip or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all new smart implements are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your system.
Call your Vivint representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Newburgh security system. They'll be happy to send out a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Inspect your windows and doors
When your installation appears to be OK, the next course of action is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an entrance is left unsecured, it may activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely forgets to shut an entrance, you can implement a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when the alarm goes live. Sadly, windows require extra physical effort, mainly if you have someone who enjoys to rest with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it simple to disengage that device while protecting the remaining areas of the property.
Automation can be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Newburgh
One of the most effective methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to include home automation into your alarm system. With your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms caused by accidentally unlatching doors or windows. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm when you leave the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get smartphone updates when your implements notice unusual movements or require a new battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Newburgh with a Vivint smart home
Increased authority over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint home security system, reach out to (845) 640-5419 or send in the form on this page.