Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Newburgh smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete command of your Newburgh home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and find recommendations to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Newburgh?
Wirelessly linking to components through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can perform:
- Review real-time or recorded footage from your integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Newburgh by programming schedules or establishing rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Newburgh
Although many users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and enter the details to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Newburgh security system. Dial (845) 640-5419 to learn more.